Zahirah Creations LLC values its customers and respects their privacy. This Privacy and Usage Policy applies to personal information that we collect about you in the United States, including but not limited to data collected through our websites and mobile applications. This information is used to improve your shopping experience and to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions. Neither your name nor any of your personal information is sold to any other non- affiliated company or agency. However, as described in greater detail below, we may share your information under certain circumstances with business partners that help this site function or assist us in fulfilling or servicing your order, as well otherwise detailed below. Personal information that we collect about you outside of the United States shall be governed by separate privacy policies.
This policy describes the personal information we collect about you, why we collect it, how we use it, and when we share it with third parties. Our policy also describes the choices you can make about how we collect and use certain information. If our information practices change, we will post an updated policy on our website. You can tell if the policy has changed by checking the revision date that appears on this policy. We shall not apply changes in our policy retroactively to information collected from you under a prior policy if, in the reasonable exercise of our discretion, we determine that the changes substantively affect your rights, unless we have given you notice of the changes of the policy and an opportunity to opt out. We will provide this notice to you by email if we have a current email address for you and otherwise by posting notice of the change prominently on the home page of our website.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT & HOW WE USE IT
We sometimes ask you for certain kinds of personal information to provide the services we offer. By providing your personal information as set forth herein, you are authorizing Zahirah Creations to store and use your information accordingly. This information includes:
• Shopping: We may ask for information such as your name, billing and shipping address, telephone number, email address and payment card information in order to process your purchase, confirm your order and ship the items to you. If you elect to be added to the Zahirah Creations marketing list, we may use your contact information to communicate with you about our products, services, surveys and promotions.
• My Account: You have the opportunity to create a personal shopping account with Zahirah Creations, which allows you to shop faster and easier. Using a user name and a password of your choice, you may access your account online at any time to add, delete, or change information. In creating this account, you authorize Zahirah Creations to store your name and email address. Should you elect to do so, you may also include in your “My Account” your telephone number, payment card information, and shipping and billing addresses. If you choose to include such additional information, then you are also authorizing Zahirah Creations to store such information accordingly. Each of these options is for your convenience only. If you ever use a public computer to visit the “My Account” section of our website, we strongly encourage you to log out at the conclusion of your session. Through the “My Account” feature, you may create a Wish List of products you want and share the items on your list by copying and pasting the URL. You may elect to make this Wish List public, so that friends and family can search for you by either name or email address.
When you create an account with Zahirah Creations, you will be given the option to be added to the Zahirah Creations marketing list. Whether or not you select this option, your personal information will never be sold to anyone and except as specifically provided herein, your personal information will not be shared.
• Email List: You may also sign up on the website to receive promotional emails from Zahirah Creations. To sign up we may ask for information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, gender, age, birthday and preferences. Subscriptions to the email list can be cancelled at any time.
• Removal from Lists: To be removed from our marketing list, please email us at email@example.com. You may also click the unsubscribe button found at the bottom of the emails in order to be removed from emails that we send you. Please allow us at least ten (10) business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
• Customer Care: If you call, email or chat with our Customer Care center, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and if you choose to make a purchase, your credit card information. We use this information to assist you and to process or review your transaction. When you place an order through Customer Care, you will be asked to provide your credit card information. Zahirah Creations does not store your credit card information unless you choose to include it in your “My Account” (see above).
• Email to a Friend: You may be able to share certain content from this website with your friends. In order to do so, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, zip code and telephone number, as well as for your friends’ contact details, in order for Zahirah Creations to fulfill your request, on your behalf and under your sole responsibility as regards to their consent to receive a message from you via this service.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT BY AUTOMATED MEANS
We may collect information about your browser, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about how you browse our website.
We may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your device’s hard drive.
Cookies help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more customized service. They enable us:
• To estimate usage numbers and patterns
• To store information about your preferences, and to allow us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognize you when you return to our website.
We also work with business partners that use tracking technologies to deliver advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to our website, and your interaction with our advertising and other communications.
This information may be used to improve our website, to personalize your online experience, to help us deliver information to you, to determine the effectiveness of our advertising, and for other internal business purposes.
Mobile Location Analytics Data
We may use tracking technology to collect certain information about your Wi-Fi enabled mobile device, including the presence of the device in our stores, its signal strength, its manufacturer, and a unique identifier known as its Media Access Control (“MAC”) address (collectively, “Customer Mobile Device Data”). This Customer Mobile Device Data may be collected for the purpose of determining the amount, location and frequency of customer traffic into our stores. A mobile device’s MAC address identifies a specific device to the surrounding Wi-Fi networks. The MAC address does not disclose the identity or any other personal data of the mobile device user.
You may opt-out of having your MAC address recorded by visiting the following link and entering your mobile device’s MAC address: https://optout.smart-places.org/
Use of Your Personal Information
We use the information we collect from our customers for various purposes, including:
• Process transactions upon their request.
• Improve our stores, website, customers shopping experience and quality of service.
• Determine the amount, location and frequency of customer traffic into our stores.
• Send communications to you about our products, services surveys and promotions.
• Prevent and detect fraud and abuse.
• Process information or claims in connection with incidents at our stores.
• Enable our service providers to perform certain activities on our behalf.
• Comply with our legal obligations, policies and procedures and for internal administrative and analytics purposes.
• Combine information obtained in store and online for the purposes identified above.
Others with Whom We May Share Your Information
Service Providers: We may disclose information to outside companies that help us bring you the products and services we offer. For example, we may work with an outside company to: (a) manage a database of customer information; (b) assist us in distributing emails; (c) assist us with direct marketing and data collection; (d) provide us data storage and analysis; (e) provide fraud prevention; (f) provide customer service by phone; and (g) provide other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We require that these outside companies agree to keep confidential all information we share with them and to use the information only to perform their obligations in the agreements and in a manner consistent with this Privacy and Usage Policy.
Compliance with Law: We may provide access to information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website, to limit our legal liability and protect our rights or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors of this website or the public.
Links to other sites
While visiting our website, you may link to sites operated by our business partners or other third parties. This does not mean that we endorse these sites. We do not make any representations or warranties about any website you may access through the Zahirah Creations website. They are independent from us, and we have no control over, or responsibility for, their information or activities.
Zahirah Creations uses commercially reasonable measures to keep your financial information private and safe. We take appropriate physical, electronic and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. In addition, it is our policy to never send your credit card number via email. Our customer service center and stores also operate over a private, secure network. Please note, however, that email is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
We use what we consider to be industry standard security technology in transferring information to process your orders. All credit card transactions should take place in a protected area of our website, which is designed to reduce the risk of any loss, misuse or alteration of the information collected.
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, the transmission of data over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we will use commercially reasonable means to ensure the security of information you transmit to us, we cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by third parties. We may, however, prosecute any unauthorized or fraudulent transactions to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Spoofing and Phishing
Spoofing or Phishing are common Internet scams. These may occur when you receive an email from what appears to be a legitimate source requesting personal information from you. Please be aware that Zahirah Creations will NEVER send you an email requesting you to verify credit card or bank information. If you ever receive an email that appears to be from us requesting such information from you, DO NOT respond to it, and DO NOT click on any links appearing in the email. Instead, please forward the email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will endeavor to investigate all instances of possible Internet fraud.